Fat Splash 2019! - 8/10
Fat Splash 2019! - 8/10
THIS ADDED DATE HAS ALSO SOLD OUT.
Well, our first event sold out in less than 12 hours so we excited to offer another Fat Splash this summer! Join us Saturday, August 10th. . . same time! same place!
*If you got a ticket to the 7/27 Fat Splash, please wait at least 48 hours before purchasing a ticket to our second date!*
Come make some big waves with us at Cake Plus-Size Resale’s 2nd annual Fat Splash! We had so much fun last year! We can’t wait to host your favorite event of the summer. . .this time at a larger venue with even more fab fat folks joining in on the fun, sun, music, and solidarity.
We’ll have music, unlimited La Croix, light snacks, and even fun pool floaties, perfect for fab photo ops. But, most importantly, a perfectly curated space for body positivity and fat bliss, all wrapped up in a swimsuit.
We'll be joined by friends of the shop: DJ Darling Nicque and Boudoir by Eve. DJ Darling NicQue will keep the party going with summertime tunes and Boudoir by Eve will be taking event photos. (The Subversive Sirens are not joining us for our second date.)
General Admission Tickets are $16 and include pool time from 6-9PM, snacks, soda & water, and a “Suns Out Tums Out” can coozie.
VIP Tickets are $28 and also include early access at 5:15PM, a build-your-own nacho bar, as well as access to all images from VIP photo hour + the whole event. Come early, grab some nachos, take some fab photos, and snag your spot before everyone else joins at 6PM.
Who is welcome at the Fat Splash?!
- This event is open to all fat folks and friends of fat folks. If you don’t identify as a curvy/fat/plus-size/husky person, please only join us if it’s as a guest of someone who does!
- This is an 18+ event.
- Folks of all genders are invited to take part in this event!
Venue & Accessibility:
- Sabes Jewish Community Center is located in St. Louis Park (10 minutes away from Uptown Minneapolis).
- For this event, we’ve rented the entire outdoor pool area - it is exclusively ours for the evening.
- The space includes a parking lot, lifeguards, a water slide and diving board, lawnchairs (not enough for each guest but for most!), gendered locker rooms, and gender neutral restrooms.
- Pool accessibility includes a pool lift, a ramp, and stairs into the pool.
- Guests will enter this outdoor event on the outside of the building. This entrance does not require any stairs.
Rain Date TBD.
Snacks & Refreshments:
- We will provide light snacks and cool beverages for everyone in attendance.
- VIP tickets come with access to our nacho bar from 5:15 - 6PM. (The nacho bar will be set up in a build-your-own style where many dietary restrictions can be accommodated but we cannot effectively prevent against cross contamination.)
- Guests are welcome to bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- NO GLASS (such as glass bottles, including water bottles, mason jars, etc) is permitted in the pool area or at this event.
- Guests are not permitted to bring alcohol to this event. We are currently seeking beverage collaboration/sponsorship and *may* be able to provide this to guests (served at no cost to guests and, of course, from a licensed vendor). Stay tuned for more info about this.
- Tickets are available on our website starting Friday, June 7th at noon.
- Your confirmation email is your ticket. You’ll also be on our list for the event. If you have guests arriving separately, please share your confirmation email with them and/or email us so we can add them to our list.
- Tickets are not refundable but are transferable. If you can’t attend, you can pass your ticket on to someone else. If you do so, please forward your confirmation email to them and, if you want to be extra safe, shoot us an email to make us aware of the change.
Sun’s out. Tum's out. We’ll see ya at the pool!