SELLING YOUR CLOTHES TO CAKE
We buy clothing outright every day we're open except for Saturdays (or event days & holidays). Items must be size XL or larger, in good condition, free of strong scents and/or animal hair, and in season.
The style of our shop is fresh and trendy. If you're interested in selling, please read all of the info below! Also, it's best if you visit the shop before you try to sell so you can get a better sense of the style of the shop.
Cake Plus-Size Resale buys outright rather than consigning. We will look over your clothes and give you our offer - 30% of our price in cash or 50% in store credit. You can choose to accept or decline, and the money (whether cash or store credit) is yours right away! (Consigning, on the other hand, involves waiting for your items to be sold before you can cash-in.)
We curate our collection. While we’re happy to look at anything, we will make purchasing decisions based on our shop’s unique style.
When you bring in clothing, please make sure all items are clean, pet-hair free, free of wear (rips, stains, pilling, discoloration), and free of excessive scent.
Depending on our current inventory, we might need certain styles or sizes more than others.
You can always donate items we've passed on with us and we’ll save them for the next Big Fat Super Swap. (Or, donate them if they won’t work for the swap.)
Please bring items in totes or bags - no hangers, please!
You can bring clothes in at any time we're open EXCEPT FOR SATURDAYS (and holidays or event days)! No appointment needed. First come first serve.
We do not take clothing drop-offs unless arranged in advance. Sellers can shop and/or wait while we look through their clothing.
We buy clothing in-season and are now accepting fall items. Please save winter jackets and thick sweaters till the end of September.
We're actively buying great condition lingerie and intimate fashions for our upcoming event!
- In season clothing!
- Clothing for all genders sizes XL & up.
(Size 14 and up or waistband 42 and up.)
- All types of garments including everyday wear, athletic wear, lingerie, swimwear, bras, binders, outerwear, and even some formal wear.
- Brands we LOVE: Asos Curve/Plus, eloquii, Modcloth, Torrid, some Venezia, Lane Bryant, Target’s WHO WHAT WEAR, INC., Target's Goodfellow & Co, DXL, Melissa McCarthy, Foundry, Boutique, American Rag, Boohoo, & City Chic.
- We especially love sizes 3XL, 4XL, & 5XL!
Shoes & Accessories
- We love in-season shoes!
Larger sizes and wider widths will be preferenced.
- Tights and socks new with package only. (No used socks or tights.)
- Handbags, backpacks, fanny packs, and clutches.
With accessories, we are looking mainly for items that are especially suited for larger bodes - wide width or wide calf shoes, bracelets for larger wrists, bags with longer handles, belts with larger waistbands, etc.
What we don’t buy:
- Clothing that is stained, pilled, broken, or more-than-a-little worn.
- Unclean or bad smelling clothing, Or, clothing with animal hair on it.
- Culturally appropriative prints, patterns, garments, or sayings.
- Clothing that is under size XL.
- Undies (unless they are new with tags and/or part of a lingerie set and in pristine condition).
- Walmart brands.
- Capri pants.