SELLING YOUR CLOTHES TO CAKE. . .
We buy clothing outright every day we're open except for Saturdays (or event days & holidays). Items must be size XL or larger, in good condition, free of strong scents and/or animal hair, and in season. The style of our shop is fresh and trendy. Some of our favorite and bestselling brands are Asos, Torrid, & Lane Bryant. If you're interested in selling, please all of the info below! Also, it's best if you visit the shop before you try to sell so you can get a better vibe for the style of the shop.
Cake Plus-Size Resale buys outright rather than consigning. We will look over your clothes and give our offer. You can choose to accept or decline, and the money (whether cash or store credit) is yours right away! (Consigning, on the other hand, involves waiting for your items to be sold before you can cash-in.)
We curate our collection. While we’re happy to look at anything, we will make purchasing decisions based on our shop’s unique style.
When you bring in clothing, please make sure all items are clean, pet-hair free, free of wear (rips, stains, pilling, discoloration), and free of excessive scent. We thank you in advance!
Depending on our current inventory, we might need certain styles or sizes more than others.
You can always items we've passed on with us and we’ll save them for the next Big Fat Super Swap. (Or, donate them if they won’t work for the swap.)
If you’d prefer to support our mission and donate your clothing items to Cake directly, we would absolutely love that, too!
Please bring items in totes or bags - no hangers, please!
You can bring clothes in at any time we're open EXCEPT FOR SATURDAYS (and holidays or event days)! No appointment needed. First come first serve. If we're busy, we might also keep your items to sort through later! If you bring clothes on Saturdays, you're welcome to drop off items and we'll go through them later in the week.
We will start buying spring & summer wears in March but would love to look at your swimwear any time!
WHAT WE BUY. . .
- Clothing for all genders sizes XL & up/sizes 14 and up.
- All types of garments including everyday wear, athletic wear, lingerie, swimwear, bras, binders, outerwear, and even some formal wear.
- Brands we LOVE: Asos Curve/Plus, eloquii, Modcloth, Torrid, some Venezia, Lane Bryant, Target’s WHO WHAT WEAR, INC., Melissa McCarthy, Ashley Nell Tipton Boutique, American Rag, Boohoo, & City Chic.
- We love sizes 3XL, 4XL, & 5XL!
Shoes & Accessories
- We love in-season shoes. Larger sizes and wider widths will be preferenced.
- Tights and socks new with package only. (No used socks.)
- Handbags, backpacks, fanny packs, and clutches.
With accessories, preference always go to items that are especially suited for larger bodes - wide width or wide calf shoes, bracelets for larger wrists, bags with longer handles, belts with larger waistbands, etc.
What we don’t buy:
- Clothing that is stained, pilled, broken, or more-than-a-little worn.
- Unclean or bad smelling clothing, Or, clothing with animal hair on it.
- Culturally appropriative prints, patterns, garments, or sayings.
- Clothing that is under size XL.
- Undies (unless they are new with tags and/or part of a lingerie set and in pristine condition).
- Walmart brands.
- capri pants.